Manual of Critical Care Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Nursing Interventions and Collaborative Management
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; It's the ideal go-to reference for the clinical setting! Compact and easy to use, Manual of Critical Care Nursing, 6th Edition presents essential information on approximately 80 disorders and conditions, as well as concepts relevant to caring for all critically ill patients and functioning in the critical care environment. Award-winning clinical nurse specialists Marianne Baird and Sue Bethel separate the content first by body system and then by disorder, with each disorder including a brief description of pathophysiology, assessment, diagnostic testing, collaborative management, nursing diagnoses, desired outcomes, nursing interventions, and patient teaching and rehabilitation. A concise format presents the material in a way that reflects a practicing nurse's thought processes.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Revised format mirrors a practicing nurse's approach to patient care, making it easier to find information.
- Newly formatted care plans incorporate diagnoses, interventions, and desired outcomes in a consistent, logical organization.
- Patient safety alerts and high alerts call attention to issues important to a patient’s safety.
- Unique! Diagnostic Tests tables highlight the definition, purpose, and abnormal findings for each test.
- Unique! Collaborative Management tables concisely summarize key points while incorporating nationally recognized guidelines.
- Colored tabs mark the location of each body system, making topics easier to find.
- Smaller trim size increases portability for use in the unit or bedside, while enhancing readability.
- Coverage of approximately 80 critical care conditions/disorders includes those most commonly seen in critical care units.
- Chapter outlines provide easy access to disorders.
- A portable size makes it ideal for use in the unit or bedside, and is also easy to carry on campus.
- Unique! Gerontology icon highlights considerations relating to the care of older adults.
- Unique! Research briefs in special boxes discuss selected research studies for evidence-based patient care.
- Unique! The latest NANDA-approved nursing diagnoses increase familiarity with NANDA terminology.
- Appendixes provide quick reference to information needed in the critical care setting.
By Marianne Saunorus Baird, RN, MN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Acute Care; Magnet Program Coordinator, Center for Nursing Excellence, Saint Joseph's Hospital, Atlanta, GA and Susan Bethel, RN, MS, CNRN, Director of Clinical Programs & Research, Greenville Hospital Systems, University Medical Center, Greenville, SC