Foundations of Mental Health Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Increase your awareness and understanding of a holistic view of mental health care with this book for nurses and other health care professionals. Each chapter covers a specific psychological or psychosocial problem as well as the most current interventions and treatments. This edition features full-color illustrations, updated drug information, and a chapter on complementary and alternative therapies, in addition to more case studies to help you apply the content to real life. This solid background in mental health is just what you need to work comfortably with clients who exhibit both effective and maladaptive behaviors.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- FULL-COLOR illustrations make the text even more visually appealing and user-friendly.
- Additional case studies help you apply chapter content to more real-life scenarios such as chronic illness and substance abuse with accompanying questions to test your critical-thinking skills.
- Chapter on complementary and alternative therapies increases your awareness of the benefits and risks of alternative therapies such as ayurveda, herbal supplements, massage, meditation, acupuncture, and telemedicine.
- Forensic nursing content familiarizes you with the prevention and treatment of violence-based disorders and shows you how to obtain and document evidence for legal purposes.
- NEW antianxiety and antimanic drug information keeps you up-to-date on the latest psychotropic medications.
- Multidisciplinary care plans for sample clients show how members of the health care team work together.
- Client-specific case studies highlight particular mental disorders and help you apply chapter content to real-life situations.
- “Think About” boxes throughout the text strengthen your critical-thinking skills.
- UNIQUE “Drug Alert” boxes highlight what you need to know about a wide range of specific psychotherapeutic medications.
- UNIQUE Standard LPN full-color design and “Content Threads” point out key information and special features in each chapter, consistent with the format of other books in the LPN Threads series.
- Appendixes give you easy access to mental health care standards, DSM-IV TR diagnoses, and assessment tools that are essential for providing quality care.
- FREE workbook at the end of the book includes crossword puzzles, multiple-choice questions, and other exercises to boost your comprehension of the material.
By Michelle Morrison-Valfre, RN, BSN, MHS, FNP, Health Care Educator/Consultant, Heatlh and Education Consultants, Forest Grove, OR