Mosby's Pocket Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; This convenient, concise version of the best-selling Mosby’s Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Health Professions provides condensed definitions to incorporate only the most essential information. Mosby’s Pocket Dictionary includes all of the information you need, including content on diseases, procedures, equipment, drugs, and so much more. Screened thumb tabs make it easy to locate definitions quickly, and a list of common medical abbreviations printed in the front and back covers make this a perfect reference for clinical practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes 38,700 definitions, with over 5,000 new and 25,000 revised definitions, to reflect the latest information in all areas of nursing, medicine, and health professions.
- UNIQUE! Current definitions for all NANDA nursing diagnoses, NIC (Nursing Interventions Classifications) and NOC (Nursing Outcomes Classifications) ensure you have the most up-to-date information for clinical documentation, communication, and care evaluation.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on nursing and health science terminology makes this the most useful pocket dictionary for students and practitioners in nursing and health professions.
- Its small size makes it easy to transport, and the sturdy, flexible cover increases the durability.
- The practical, straightforward alphabetical organization with no subentries and easy-to-use thumb tabs make it easy to find and understand information.
- UNIQUE! A section on nursing diagnoses with entries for all NANDA-approved nursing diagnoses prepares you for real-world practice.
- British spellings for selected entries help you recognize alternate spellings.
- Etymologies aid your understanding of medical terminology and help you develop a professional vocabulary.
- Pronunciations provided for key entries help you use terminology correctly in everyday practice.
"Although written primarily for healthcare students and practitioners, it also would be a terrific resource for laypersons.... This is a well done pocket dictionary. It is precise, easy to use, and now contains over 25,000 terms.... Weighted Numerical Score: 100 - 5 Stars!" -Steven K. Hamick, BIS, RCP, RRT, AE-C (William Beaumont Hospitals), © Doody's Review Service
"Mosby’s pocket dictionary is an up-to-date guide to common terminology used in all healthcare professions. As a multi-disciplinary tool, this dictionary is a useful day-to-day reference for students of all disciplines and a variety of clinical environments." Nurse Education in Practice, October 2009