Understanding Pathophysiology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
This easy-to-read textbook provides you with the basic concepts of pathophysiology and the processes of specific diseases with the most accurate, up-to-date information on the treatments, manifestations, and mechanisms of disease. Understanding Pathophysiology, 4th Edition offers complete coverage in clear and concise detail with extensive full-color illustrations to make learning pathophysiology easy.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes extensively updated content based on the most current research available.
- Approximately 200 new full-color drawings, as well as hundreds of improved illustrations, clarify concepts to make content more easily understandable.
- Over 50 new Health Alert boxes present the most current research available.
- Electronic Resources listed at the beginning of each chapter direct you to additional materials on the companion CD and Evolve site.
- A glossary of over 850 terms helps you learn the often-difficult terminology related to pathophysiology.
- Consistent presentation of each disease includes pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment to make remembering and learning information easier.
- Extensive collection of 900 photographs and illustrations vividly illustrate normal anatomy and physiology, cellular mechanisms, disease processes, and clinical manifestations of disease.
- UNIQUE! Health Alert boxes discuss a broad range of topics from new research, diagnostic studies, preventative care, and more.
- UNIQUE! Quick Check questions at the end of major sections promote critical thinking to help you apply your knowledge to real-life situations.
- UNIQUE! Risk Factor boxes illustrate the risk factors associated with specific diseases.
- Pediatric content presented in nine separate chapters provides thorough coverage of how various disease processes specifically affect children.
- Special headings highlight aging content within adult chapters to help you address the specialized needs of older patients.
- Did you Understand? end-of-chapter summaries help you review the major concepts presented in each chapter.
- Disease pathways throughout illustrate normal and compensatory physiology and pathophysiology.
By Sue E. Huether, RN, PhD, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT and Kathryn L. McCance, RN, PhD, Professor, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT