Small Animal Internal Medicine - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
Learn to effectively recognize, diagnose, and treat common internal medical conditions with this invaluable reference. Small Animal Internal Medicine, Fourth Edition, emphasizes practical diagnostic approaches and focuses on the clinically relevant aspects of patient medical management. Extensive color illustrations, boxes, and algorithms, plus new photographs, schematic representations, and updated tables, set this book apart. With its highly functional design and clear, expert voice, this text delivers the most relevant information for the internal medical challenges you’re most likely to face.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Two new section editors bring a fresh perspective.
- Discussion of Immune-Mediated Disorders has been significantly expanded and made into its own section.
- Hundreds of new, full-color photographs and quick reference tables throughout
- Completely updated drug and treatment guidelines tables
- Utilizes a problem-oriented approach, beginning with a discussion of clinical signs and diagnostic recommendations and techniques and moving on to therapeutic considerations and management
- Each contributor is a recognized expert in his or her respective specialty.
- Limited number of authors provides consistency.
- Clear, step-by-step procedural guidelines thoroughly describe each procedure.
- Cross-referencing throughout the book reduces redundancy and makes information easy to locate.
- Suggested readings at the end of each chapter alert you to the latest research findings.
- Comprehensive drug tables provide recommended dosages and indications.
- Purposefully written to enhance critical thinking and decision-making skills based on clinical findings.
- Hundreds of summary boxes and tables allow quick access to clinical signs, etiology, differential diagnoses, drugs, and treatment.
- Full-color format brings you accurate visual depictions of specific disorders, diseases, and procedures.
By Richard W. Nelson, DVM, Dipl ACVIM, Professor, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA and C. Guillermo Couto, DVM, Dipl ACVIM, Professor, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chief, Oncology/Hematology Service, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH