Radiologic Science for Technologists - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 9th Edition
"Physics, Biology, and Protection"
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
Develop the skills and knowledge to make informed decisions regarding technical factors and diagnostic imaging quality with this highly detailed, vibrantly illustrated, full-color resource. Updated with the latest advances in radiologic science, this new edition addresses a broad range of radiologic disciplines, providing a strong foundation in the study and practice of radiologic physics, imaging, radiobiology, radiation protection, and more. Unique learning tools strengthen your understanding of key concepts, and challenging review exercises help you prepare for success on the ARRT certification exam and in the workplace.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Significant chapter updates help you ensure success on the ARRT exam and keep you current with the latest practices in mammography, interventional radiology, multislice spiral computed tomography, and radiation protection.
- A new chapter on The Digital Image identifies the benefits and challenges of working with digital imaging and familiarizes you with technology you’ll encounter in the clinical setting.
- A new Viewing the Digital Image chapter guides you through the most up-to-date viewing practices to ensure an accurate understanding.
- An expanded glossary introduces important new terms common to today’s practice settings.
- Quick-reference guides printed on colored end sheets provide easy access to frequently used formulas, conversion tables, abbreviations, and more.
- Special Math Formulas boxes and Important Concepts boxes emphasize key chapter content.
- A full-color design highlights important information and clarifies concepts.
- Objectives, key terms, outlines, introductions, and summaries for every chapter help you organize material and identify vital information.
- Challenge Questions at the end of each chapter test your understanding of terms, concepts, and formulas with a variety of definition exercises, short answer questions, and calculations.
By Stewart C. Bushong, ScD, FACR, FACMP, Professor of Radiologic Science, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX