Handbook of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen Sedation - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; More and more dental professionals are finding that N2O/O2 is a reliable and efficient method of relieving pain, fear, and apprehension in patients undergoing surgical procedures - and is quickly and easily reversed without unwanted side effects. The third edition of this unique chairside handbook is an invaluable resource for this method of sedation. It provides step-by-step techniques of all the uses of N2O/O2 as a means of pain and anxiety management, and is written at a level that can be easily understood by dental students and professionals of all levels.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New icons speed you to important information on indications, considerations, and contraindications for nitrous oxide.
- The latest information on biohazards provides current guidelines for proper monitoring.
- Increased content on pediatric sedation enables you to provide specialized care to younger patients.
- Expanded art program, including integral sections of color-coded equipment, improving your understanding of proper handling and procedures.
- Additional step-by-step photos highlight the most current techniques and equipment.
- Step-by-step administration techniques and responses to frequently asked questions provide practical information for everyday use of N2O/O2.
- Concise, outline format and convenient, portable size make this handbook easy to use in the clinical setting.
- Current American Society of Anesthesiologists classification system familiarizes you with ASA guidelines for assessing patients with medical risk.
- Information on current equipment in analgesia delivery shows how each component works so you can see and compare what's new in the field.
- In-depth discussion of recovery from N2O/O2 helps you better determine when it's appropriate to release a patient.
- Sample forms (sedation record, informed consent, etc.) are provided - copy and use them as needed.
By Morris S. Clark, DDS, FACD, University of Colorado, Denver, CO; Ann Brunick, RDH, MS, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD; Morris S. Clark, DDS, FACD, University of Colorado, Denver, CO and Ann Brunick, RDH, MS, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD