Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene - Pageburst Digital Book (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Now in full color, Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene is an easy-to-use study aid for the national board exam. A full mock examination at the end of the book includes representative cases with answers and rationales for every question so readers can evaluate how well they've learned the material before they take the real exam. This edition includes two new chapters on General Anatomy and Physiology and General Pathology, to ensure that readers have a solid understanding of these sciences that are the foundation of oral anatomy and pathology. Additional information on ethical, legal, and safety issues is incorporated throughout to provide a better understanding of how these aspects of practice relate to each chapter topic. References have also been updated, putting the most current resources at the reader's fingertips for more relevant supplemental learning.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapter on General Anatomy gives an overview of the body's structure and function for a better understanding of how problems in one body system can affect the rest of the body.
- Added chapter on General Pathology describes disease development and includes a discussion on the process of inflammation and the genetic basis of disease.
- Full-color design shows greater detail in photos and illustrations for more comprehensive learning.
- Detailed information on legal/ethical/safety issues incorporated throughout shows how these issues can fit into their everyday practice, rather than thinking of them as separate elements of hygiene practice.
- Listings of websites within chapters offer current information on important developments in dental hygiene topics.
- New chapter review questions at the end of most chapters.
- Easy-to-use outline format makes it an essential study aid.
- Questions based on case studies prepare readers for the case-based questions found on the national board exam.
- Introductory paragraphs at the beginning of chapters address the relevance of each chapter's subject to professional practice and key topics to focus on when studying.
- Practice test that is structured like the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination simulates actual experience of taking boards.
- Sources for chapters listed at end of every chapter provide resources that will reflect current theory, practice standards, and research findings.
By Michele Leonardi Darby, BSDH, MS, Eminent Scholar, University Professor, Graduate Program Director, G.W. Hirschfield School of Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting, College of Health Sciences, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA