Treatment Planning in Dentistry - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
This book provides essential knowledge for creating treatment plans for adult dental patients. Treatment planning strategies are presented to help with balancing the ideal with the practical, with emphasis placed on the central role of the patient - whose needs should drive the treatment planning process. The focus is on planning of treatment, not on the comprehensive details of every treatment modality in dentistry.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Chapter on Treatment Planning for Smokers and Patients with Oral Cancer addresses the dentist's role in managing patients with oral cancer, recognizing oral cancer and differential diagnosis of oral lesions, planning treatment for patients undergoing cancer therapy, and smoking cessation strategies.
- Chapter on Treatment Planning for the Special Care/Special Needs Patient examines the role of the general dentist in the management of patients with a variety of conditions including physical handicaps, mental handicaps, head trauma, hemophilia, and patients' needs before, during, or after major surgery.
- Chapter on Treatment Planning for the Alcohol and Substance Abuser discusses the challenges of treating this patient population, as well as how to recognize the problem, delivery of care, scope of treatment, and behavioral/compliance issues.
- Expanded content on Ethical and Legal Issues in Treatment Planning reflects new accreditation guidelines.
- Dental Team Focus boxes highlight the relevance of chapter content to the dental team.
- Ethics Topics boxes emphasize the ethical topics found within each chapter.
- International Tooth Numbering is listed alongside the U.S. tooth numbers in examples and illustrations.
- CD-ROM bound into book presents five cases of varying difficulty with interactive exercises that allow users to plan treatment.
- What's the Evidence? boxes link clinical decision-making and treatment planning strategies to current research.
- In Clinical Practice boxes highlight specific clinical situations faced by the general dentist.
- Review Questions and Suggested Projects, located at the end of each chapter, summarize and reinforce important concepts presented in the book.
- Key Terms and Glossary highlights the terms that are most important to the reader.
- Suggested Readings lists included at the end of most chapters provide supplemental resources.
By Stephen J. Stefanac, DDS, MS, Assistant Dean for Patient Care, Professor, Oral Medicine, Pathology and Oncology, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI and Samuel P. Nesbit, DDS, MS, Director of Patient Admissions and Director of the Diagnosis and Treatment Planning Service, University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC