Dental Clinical Advisor - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Do you know what impact a patient's condition or medication could have on dental treatment? Always be certain with this chairside resource designed to alert you to the dental significance or implications of medical conditions, drugs, emergencies, and more. Clinical algorithms expedite decision making, and a CD-ROM lets you search the text and print hundreds of patient education handouts provided in both English and Spanish.Table of Contents
- Information is specifically tailored to dentistry by pointing out the dental significance or implications of each subject, including how conditions, medications, emergencies, and more can affect dental treatment.
- Consistent concise organization makes it easy to locate key information.
- Covers over 300 topics from simple pharmacologic information to rare medical diseases.
- Includes ICD-9 CM and CPT diagnostic/treatment codes for insurance records and categorization with outside agencies to help professionals and staff understand how particular conditions fit into insurance continuums and facilitate better communication with outside groups.
- Discusses when a treatment should/can be referred to other health care providers.
- Appendices present facts and tips related to a variety of more common conditions in one location for easier treatment planning
- Clinical algorithms chart possible paths for managing common conditions to expedite decision making.
- Reference listings suggest reliable sources for more in-depth reading on each topic.
- CD-ROM contains 950 patient education handouts in English and Spanish to enhance communication between practitioners and their patients.
This 550 page book seeks to provide dentists with an all-in-one guide to hundreds of medical problemsas they impact on dental treatment and management. The overwhelming characteristic of this large book is its' clarity and it is more like a medical encyclopaedia than a textbook.
BDA News 2006
By James R. Hupp, DMD, MD, JD, MBA, FACS, FACD, FICD, Dean and Professor, Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery and Pathology, School of Dentistry, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS; Thomas P. Williams, DDS and F. John Firriolo, DDS, PhD, Director, Division of Diagnostic Sciences, Department of Diagnostic Sciences, Prosthodontics & Restorative Dentistry, University of Louisville, School of Dentistry, Louisville, KY, USA