Esthetic Color Training in Dentistry - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; This book/CD-ROM helps users master the art of color selection to achieve the best esthetic results in dental procedures, such as those related to cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, and prosthodontics. It covers everyday dental techniques that require the dentist to precisely match dental materials to patients' teeth. The book's nine easy-to-read chapters serve as a basis for color training - from colorimetry and the properties of natural teeth, to the specifics of color perception and reproduction of color. The accompanying CD-ROM uses interactive color-block exercises to train and test users on discerning lightness, hue, and chroma changes, as well as total color differences.Table of Contents
- Short, easy-to-read chapters present only the most important concepts of each topic, allowing for quick completion and comprehension.
- The newest techniques in esthetic dentistry are presented, with implications for the future of each topic.
- Full-color, high-quality art program serves as an instrumental tool in learning about color and shading, providing color images for reference.
- A total of 31 expert contributors from a variety of dental schools lend their experience and knowledge of color and dental materials, ensuring accuracy of all material.
- Interactive "drag-and-drop" exercises on CD-ROM sharpen users' color-matching skills by challenging them to arrange color blocks.
- CD-ROM exercises are logically ordered from least complex to most difficult, so that as users master topics, the next exercises expand upon concepts and challenge users to recall concepts and techniques.
- CD-ROM exercises can be performed multiple times for unlimited practice.
By Rade Paravina and John M. Powers, PhD, Senior Vice President and Editor, The Dental Advisor, Dental Consultants, Inc., Ann Arbor, Michigan; Professor of Oral Biomaterials, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, Houston, Texas
IBM: Windows 98 or higher; Pentium II processor; 233 MHz or higher; 64 MB of available RAM (128 strongly recommended); 10 MB or available hard disk space; 8x or faster CD-ROM drive; VGA monitor supporting thousands of colors (16 bit; 32 bit recommended)