Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging - The Horse - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
Focusing on the horse, this practical text is the second in a series of three to focus on veterinary diagnostic imaging and the new technologies available to help diagnose and pinpoint disease. Like Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: The Dog and Cat, Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging: The Horse is organized by region with specific structures addressed within each region. Coverage includes background information, normal anatomy, and positioning for specific structures, followed by imaging findings and specific problems such as trauma/fracture, infection and neoplasm. The main focus of this book is radiology, with supplementary information on ultrasound, CT, and MRI.Table of Contents
- Includes Radiographic Diagnostic Indicators (RDIs), a versatile set of potential radiographic observations that, when used in combination, can often lead to a radiographic diagnosis.
- Features normal radiographs pictured near abnormal images for comparison.
- Provides telescopic images that provide both orientation and close-up views to help readers identify key points of the radiograph.
- Offers diagnosis at a glance with concise one or two word diagnoses in bold within each legend for quick reference.
- Features Emphasis Zones that electronically enhance regions of interest in more complex images.
"An excellent new reference guide that will be beneficial to students and general practitioners alike. The book is set out in a logical manner with emphasis on increasing diagnostic ability, whilst recognising limitations of general practise. The author has included very practical tables... Comprehensive reference lists from authors at the top of their field show how well this book has been researched and why it will remain a firm favourite for years to come." Vetinary Times Vol 36 No 9.
By Charles S. Farrow, DVM, Professor of Veterinary Medical Imaging, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskkatchewan, Canada