Mosby's Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests, 5th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
This quick reference handbook offers clear, concise coverage of over 700 of the most commonly performed diagnostic and laboratory tests - including 39 new to this edition. Trusted authors, Kathleen Pagana, PhD, RN and Timothy Pagana, MD, FACS, bring together a comprehensive collection of full color designs, illustrations and photos to show exactly how various tests are performed. Related tests are grouped by chapter and presented in a consistent format to facilitate a full understanding of each type of diagnostic test.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Unique front section on coding for diagnostic and laboratory tests (ICD-10) provides explanations of the coding requirements and challenges for diagnostic testing along with codes for all tests in the manual.
- NEW! 39 of the most current laboratory and diagnostic tests have been added to this new edition to reflect current best practices.
- NEW! Updated photographs and illustrations reflect the latest changes in testing equipment.
- UNIQUE! Coverage of the clinical significance of test results explains why a given test result indicates specific diseases.
- Full-color design clarifies key concepts, procedures, and testing techniques.
- Related Tests sections list tests that provide similar information or are used to evaluate the same body system, disease process, or symptom.
"…a comprehensive reference that is easy to read and full of relevant information…this book offers a broader perspective, nicely packaged, with several unique features that make it an excellent choice for both students and healthcare providers. Weighted Numerical Score: 95 - 4 Stars!" - Maribeth Moran, RN, MSN, CPN, CNE (University of Oklahoma College of Nursing), © Doody's Review Service
"The 700 laboratory and diagnostic tests in this reference are divided into 12 sections according to the body fluid analyzed or the type of scan performed. Each entry explains the basic pathophysiology behind the test, summarizes patient care and the procedure, and lists normal findings, critical values, indications, contraindications, potential complications, interfering factors, the clinical significance of test results, and related tests. The fourth edition adds 30 studies including breast cancer genomics, intravascular ultrasound, computed tomography of the heart, and platelet closure time. Online access is included."
- Book News, Inc.
By Kathleen Deska Pagana, PhD, RN, Professor Emeritus, Department of Nursing, Lycoming College; President, Pagana Keynotes and Presentations, Williamsport, PA and Timothy J. Pagana, MD, FACS, Medical Director, The Kathryn Candor Lundy Breast Health Center and The SurgiCenter, Susquehanna Health System, Williamsport, PA