Nursing Skills Online Version 2.0 for Fundamentals of Nursing (User Guide and Access Code), 8th Edition
Corresponding to Potter and Perry's Fundamentals of Nursing, 8th Edition, Nursing Skills Online, 2.0 provides an engaging way for you to review procedures before you perform them in the clinical setting. It includes 18 modules with realistic, case-based lessons that focus on safely and effectively performing 66 essential skills. The interactive online format uses videos, animations, and slide shows, as well as content overviews, textbook reading assignments, and self-assessment tests, to make learning easier and more dynamic. Feedback from hundreds of students indicates that they value time spent using Nursing Skills Online and many even credit it with helping them improve their grades!
This product includes a user guide booklet with directions on how to set up the course and a code to access the course. Fundamentals of Nursing textbook must be purchased separately.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! The Debriefing Room offers a capstone critical thinking exercise for each module where you to watch a video scenario and evaluate skill performance.
- NEW! Blood Therapy module covers principles of the ABO and RH systems, initiating transfusion, implementing auto-transfusion, and monitoring for adverse reactions.
- New video clips, animations, and photos depict the most current equipment, techniques, and procedures.
- Case-based, problem-oriented approach relates to real-life patient scenarios and promotes critical thinking.
- Reading assignments link lessons in Nursing Skills Online to content in your Fundamentals of Nursing text.
- Self-assessment exercises allow you to test your knowledge of key concepts, with correct answers and rationales provided for immediate feedback.
- Lesson posttests allow you to evaluate your comprehension and review any areas of weakness before taking the module exam, and may be repeated as often as needed.
- Information on delegation is included within each case study.
- Reformatted procedure guidelines are easier to display and print, enabling you to study or review anytime, anywhere.
- Objectives, equipment lists, and delegation responsibilities at the beginning of each lesson help you focus on the most important information.
- Improved video viewer provides a larger window to display video clips and animations.
- An easy-to-read, bulleted format and small learning segments make it easier for you to absorb and retain information.
By Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Research Scientist, Siteman Cancer Center, Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO; Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL; Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL and Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Chair and White Family Endowed Professor of Nursing, Dunigan Family Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN