Mosby's Nursing Video Skills - Student Version DVD, 4th Edition
Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Skills
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Learn how to correctly perform basic, intermediate, and advanced nursing procedures with these interactive, engaging videos. Clear, step-by-step demonstrations of over 125 key nursing procedures present the skills you need for confident performance in labs and clinicals. For each skill, you can also test your understanding with NCLEX® examination-style review questions with rationales.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New Blood Therapy section in the Advanced Skills DVD includes three new skills: Preparing for Transfusion, Initiating Transfusion, and Monitoring for Adverse Reaction to Transfusion.
- NEW! Audio of lung sounds and cardiac sounds makes it easier to learn the measurement of respirations and the pulse.
- NEW! Animations are included for skills in which much of the action is unseen, such as catheterization, intubation, and suctioning.
- New Making a Surgical Bed skill is added to the Basic Skills DVD.
- 130 skills are demonstrated step by step, including over 11 hours of video.
- Procedure videos clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform each skill, and include printable procedure guidelines.
- Checklists in PDF format are included for each skill.
- A consistent format for each skill provides easy access to information:
- Safety includes key safety considerations for the specific skills.
- Delegation clarifies the RN’s role and the tasks that may be assigned to other personnel.
- Equipment features a hot-spot photo of all equipment required for a procedure, identifying each piece when rolled over by the cursor.
- Documentation provides guidelines and examples of what and how to document care as well as the patient’s response.
- Follow-up care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions.
- NCLEX exam-style review questions for each skill include rationales for all options to help you review and evaluate your comprehension.