Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - E-Book
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||$126.95|
With cases reflecting the classic presentation format of each disease process, this book prepares students for patient encounters during their oral and maxillofacial surgery rotations. It also helps residents learn and review "high yield" material that is commonly found in oral and maxillofacial training and on board examinations. It highlights clinical information that is commonly asked during rounds, in the operating room, and during examinations. For each case, it includes an overview of the most common clinical presentation, physical exam findings, diagnostic tools, complications, treatment, and a discussion of any controversial issues that may surround the case. The authors describe Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as "A little reach for the dental student, right on target for the OMS resident, and a strong refresher for OMS board certification."
- Case-based format prepares students and residents to pass the OMSSAT, with the Table of Contents corresponding to the exam's categories and questions.
- 95 clinical cases focus on essential information regarding each disease process.
- Detailed illustrations -- including radiographs and clinical photographs or drawings -- provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, and key concepts.
- Contributing authors include recent graduates or senior residents in oral and maxillofacial surgery, so they are fully cognizant of students' and residents' needs as they prepare for cases, exams, and surgical procedures.
- Complements other Elsevier books such as Peterson: Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Fonseca: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and Ward Booth: Maxillofacial Surgery.
By Shahrokh C. Bagheri, DMD, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine; Private Practice, Atlanta Oral and Facial Surgery, Atlanta, GA and Chris Jo, DMD, Clinical Assistant Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine; Private Practice, Atlanta Oral and Facial Surgery, Atlanta, GA