Virtual Patient Encounters for Mosby's EMT-Basic Textbook - Revised Reprint, 2011, 2nd Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Virtual Patient Encounters is a breakthrough in EMS education! Users can get real-world prehospital experience without leaving the classroom or home! The Virtual Patient Encounters learning triad - a textbook, interactive patient simulation software, and a study guide that ties everything together - offers a state-of-the-art tool for developing critical thinking skills. Users can apply what they're learning in Mosby's EMT-Basic Textbook, Revised 2nd Edition on virtual patients in a variety of prehospital environments. It's an incredible opportunity to make real patient care decisions in a safe environment!
- An extraordinary study guide that helps students take the knowledge they learn in Mosby's EMT-Basic Textbook, Revised 2nd Edition, and apply it to complex patient care scenarios in a virtual prehospital setting - promoting mastery of NSC competencies
- Utilizes interactive patient care simulation software, featuring scenario-setting videos, virtual assessment tools, treatment protocols, emergency drug information, intervention wizards, and more
- Serves as a bridge between the classroom and clinicals - so students truly understand how theory applies to situations they'll face in the real world
- Presents realistic emerging conditions that are a direct result of students' interventions
- Provides hands-on learning - making it easy for audio, visual and kinesthetic learners
- Offers students peace of mind - preparing them for clinicals by removing the risk of harming real patients and building their confidence throughout the course
- Makes assessment of students easy - instructors can gauge student comprehension and ability to think critically through study guide exercises and logs from the software
- Provides the opportunity for class discussion on the same patient -- so the entire class can discuss learning points of each virtual patient and their outcomes
By Walt Stoy, PhD, EMT-P, CCEMT-P, Professor and Director, Emergency Medicine Program, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences; Research Professor of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pittsburgh; Director, Office of Education and International Emergency Medicine, Center for Emergency Medicine; Tom Platt, MEd, NREMT-P, CCEMTP, Associate Director of Education, Center for Emergency Medicine, Pittsburg, PA, USA; Debra A. Lejeune, MEd, NREMT-P, Instructor, University of Pittsburgh's School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Pittsburgh, PA, USA and Center for Emergency Medicine