Renal Physiology, 5th Edition
Mosby Physiology Monograph Series (with Student Consult Online Access)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Renal Physiology helps you to quickly and easily grasp the fundamentals of renal physiology and learn how to apply them in a clinical context. Thoroughly updated, this medical textbook in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series provides a basic understanding of normal kidney function at the cellular and molecular level. Attractively illustrated with clear 2-color diagrams, it also facilitates study with learning objectives, "In the Clinic" and "At the Molecular Level" boxes, chapter summaries, and clinical cases with review questions and explained answers. Online access at www.StudentConsult.com makes this an even more accessible powerful learning resource.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Put theory into practice with "In the Clinic" or "At the Molecular Level " boxes in each chapter that explain the practical applications of fundamental knowledge.
- Deepen your understanding of fundamental and advanced information with an expanded collection of review questions reviewed and reorganized by chapter.
- Master the material more easily with learning objectives, overview boxes, key words and concepts, and chapter summaries.
- Apply what you've learned to real-life clinical situations with clinical cases in question-answer format at the end of each chapter.
- Stay current with clear, accurate coverage of the physiology of normal renal function focusing on the needs of the student.
- Bridge the gap between normal function and disease with pathophysiology content throughout the book.
- Understand complex concepts by examining more than more than 250 clear, 2-color diagrams.
- Consult the book and image library online at Student Consult, anywhere you go ... perform quick searches ... add your own notes and bookmarks ... and more!
"The book is very laid out and over the first few chapters and with several excellent diagrams the physiology and anatomy of the kidneys is very well explained...This book is well referenced with up to date evidence supporting all statements and will make a great addition to any physiotherapist's library. It will give you a good overview and understanding of renal physiology and how this affects other bodily systems. Moreover this book is important asset holds an array of transferable information which you an apply to the specialised field you work in."
In Touch, January 2014
By Bruce M. Koeppen, MD, PhD, Dean, Academic Affairs, Albert and Wilda Van Dusen Professor of Academic Medicine, Professor of Medicine and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT and Bruce A. Stanton, PhD, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, and of Physiology, Andrew C. Vail Memorial Professor, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH