Basic & Applied Concepts of Blood Banking and Transfusion Practices, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$81.95|
Using an easy-to-understand writing style, this text integrates immunohematology theory and application to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to be successful in blood banking. Problem-solving exercises and case studies help you develop a solid understanding of all areas of blood banking.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UPDATED! Information and photos on automation include equipment actually used in the lab.
- Flow charts showing antibody detection and identification help you detect and identify antibodies.
- Advanced topics on Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, the HLA System, Molecular Techniques and Applications, Automation, Electronic Crossmatching, and Therapeutic Apheresis make the text relevant for 4-year MLS programs.
- Learning objectives begin each chapter.
- Illustrated blood group boxes throughout chapter 6, Other Blood Group Systems, give the ISBT symbol, number, and the clinical significance of the antibodies at a glance.
- Margin notes and definitions in each chapter highlight important material and offer additional explanations.
- Chapter summaries recap the most important points of the chapter.
- Study questions at the end of each chapter provide an opportunity for review.
- Critical thinking exercises with case studies help you apply what you have learned in the chapter.
By Kathy D. Blaney, MS, BB(ASCP)SBB, CHT(ABHI), Tissue Typing Laboratory, Florida Hospital; OneBlood, Inc., Orlando, FL and Paula R. Howard, MS, MPH, MT(ASCP)SBB, OneBlood, Inc., Lauderhill, FL