Basic & Applied Concepts of Blood Banking and Transfusion Practices - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$81.95|
|Print - Paperback||$81.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Using an easy-to-understand writing style, this text integrates immunohematology theory and application to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to be successful in blood banking. Problem-solving exercises and case studies help you develop a solid understanding of all areas of blood banking.
New to This Edition
- UPDATED! Information and photos on automation include equipment actually used in the lab.
- Flow charts showing antibody detection and identification help you detect and identify antibodies.
- Advanced topics on Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, the HLA System, Molecular Techniques and Applications, Automation, Electronic Crossmatching, and Therapeutic Apheresis make the text relevant for 4-year MLS programs.
- Learning objectives begin each chapter.
- Illustrated blood group boxes throughout chapter 6, Other Blood Group Systems, give the ISBT symbol, number, and the clinical significance of the antibodies at a glance.
- Margin notes and definitions in each chapter highlight important material and offer additional explanations.
- Chapter summaries recap the most important points of the chapter.
- Study questions at the end of each chapter provide an opportunity for review.
- Critical thinking exercises with case studies help you apply what you have learned in the chapter.