Essentials of Assistive Technologies - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$53.27|
|Print - Paperback||$81.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Master the assistive strategies you need to make confident clinical decisions and help improve the quality of life for people with disabilities with this new essentials text. Based on the Human Activity Assistive Technology (HAAT) model developed by Dr. Cook, the book provides the most important coverage of the devices, services, and practices that comprise assistive technology and focuses on the relationship between the human user and the assisted activity within specific contexts. Case studies, illustrations of assistive devices, review questions, and well-developed learning objectives help you focus on the most important areas of assistive technology application.
- UNIQUE! OTA focus provides you with the specific information occupational therapy assistants need to know to implement and utilize assistive technologies.
- Comprehensive coverage includes all areas of assistive technologies.
- The AT industry
- A historical perspective on the industry
- Relevant legislation
- Issues of professional practice
- Service delivery in assistive technologies
- General purpose assistive technologies
- Specific areas of application for assistive technologies
- And more
- Content derived from market leader gives you similar chapters and organization to the Principles text, but has more of a focus on the practical skills and knowledge needed for the implementation of AT.
By Albert M. Cook, PhD, PE, Professor and Dean, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and Janice Miller Polgar, PhD, OT, Associate Professor, School of Occupational Therapy, Elborn College, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada