Middleton's Allergy, 8th Edition
Principles and Practice (Expert Consult Premium Edtion - Enhanced Online Features and Print)
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
NOT YET PUBLISHED
This best-selling resource has a worldwide reputation as the leader in its field. Focusing on human immunology and biology, while also reporting on scientific experimentation and advancement, it provides comprehensive coverage of state-of-the-art basic science as well as authoritative guidance on the practical aspects of day-to-day diagnosis and management. This new edition includes 700 full-color illustrations and a new, more accessible format to make finding information a snap for the busy practitioner. And this Expert Consult Edition offers online access to the complete contents of the 2-volume set, fully searchable, and much more.
New to This Edition
- Contains 400 new illustrations, 700 in all, to better illustrate complex immunology.
- Covers the very latest in the field, including hot topics such as food allergy and immunotherapy.
- Includes the latest guidelines from The National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (NAEPP).
- Utilizes a new, more user-friendly full-color format for easier reference.
- Includes online access to the entire contents of the book, fully searchable, with links to MEDLINE abstracts for all of the references.
- Includes a glossary of allergy and immunology for quick and easy reference.
- Contains keypoints and clinical pearls highlighted to find important information quickly.
- links to useful online resources both for you and for your patients.
- Offers contributions from hundreds of international authorities for world-class expertise in overcoming any clinical challenge.
“Middleton's Allergy has no peer and should be included in any library requiring a compendium on allergic diseases.”-JAMA, review of previous edition
"This is an extremely well-written book...References are generally complete and up-to-date. The quality of the figures and diagrams is outstanding. The design leads to efficiency and ease of reading with colour coding of different sections and clear tables and flow diagrams."
BMA Book Awards 2009 - judges comments
By N. Franklin Adkinson, Jr., MD, Professor of Medicine
Professor of Medicine and Training Program Director, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, The Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, The Hopkins Bayview Medical Campus, Baltimore, MD; Bruce S. Bochner, MD, Professor of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, The Hopkins Bayview Medical Campus, Baltimore, MD; Wesley Burks, MD, Professor and Chief, Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham NC, USA
Professor of Pediatrics; William W Busse, MD, Professor of Medicine
Professor of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics; Head, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, WI; Stephen T. Holgate; Robert F Lemanske Jr, Jr., MD
MD, Professor of Pediatrics & Medicine, Head, Division of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology & Rheumatology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison WI, USA
Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine; Head, Division of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology, and Rheumatology; University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics, Madison, WI and Robyn E O'Hehir, Director, Department of Allergy, Immunology & Respiratory Medicine, Alfred Hospital and Monash University, Melbourne Vic, Australia