Nursing Diagnosis Handbook, 10th Edition
An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care
Assess, diagnose, and plan patient care with confidenceTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Use this convenient resource to formulate nursing diagnoses and create individualized care plans! Updated with the most recent NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care, 9th Edition shows you how to build customized care plans using a three-step process: assess, diagnose, and plan care. It includes suggested nursing diagnoses for over 1,300 client symptoms, medical and psychiatric diagnoses, diagnostic procedures, surgical interventions, and clinical states. Authors Elizabeth Ackley and Gail Ladwig use Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) and Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) information to guide you in creating care plans that include desired outcomes, interventions, patient teaching, and evidence-based rationales.
- Unique! Care Plan Constructor on the companion Evolve website offers hands-on practice creating customized plans of care.
- Alphabetical thumb tabs allow quick access to specific symptoms and nursing diagnoses.
- Suggested NIC interventions and NOC outcomes in each care plan.
- Recent and classic research examples promote evidence-based interventions and rationales.
- Includes the new 2009-2011 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses including 21 new and 8 revised diagnoses.
- Illustrates the Problem-Etiology-Symptom format with an easy-to-follow, colored-coded box to help you in formulating diagnostic statements.
- Explains the difference between the three types of nursing diagnoses.
- Expands information explaining the difference between actual and potential problems in performing an assessment.
- Adds detailed information on the multidisciplinary and collaborative aspect of nursing and how it affects care planning.
- Shows how care planning is used in everyday nursing practice to provide effective nursing care.
By Betty J. Ackley, MSN, EdS, RN, Professor Emeritus, Jackson Community College; President, The Betty Ackley LLC, Jackson, MI and Gail B. Ladwig, MSN, RN, Professor Emeritus, Jackson Community College; Co-Owner and Nursing Consultant, Holistic Choices; Healing Touch Practitioner, Jackson, MI