Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 9th Edition
Trust this authoritative, one-stop reference to help you keep up with today’s ever changing health care environmentTable of Contents
New to This Edition
So much more than just a dictionary…the completely revised, bestselling, trusted Mosby’s Dictionary is the ONE reference you need to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features superior-quality definitions plus 2,400 full-color illustrations – nearly three times more than any other dictionary available! But that’s only the beginning. Mosby’s Dictionary also includes encyclopedic entries to explain more difficult concepts in depth, a 43-page Color Atlas of Human Anatomy. It’s the trusted reference you’ll turn to again and again!
- UNIQUE! More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions include expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures.
- A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
- Quick-reference appendixes offer quick access to useful reference information, such as commonly used abbreviations, language translation guides, American sign language, and more.
- A strict, common-sense alphabetical organization with no subentries makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
- Approximately 5,000 new definitions, with special emphasis on definitions related to new drugs, anatomy and physiology, surgical procedures, lab tests, and new technological developments, keep you up to date on the latest developments in health care.
- Over 30,000 completely revised definitions and 800 updated illustrations ensure you have the most current information in all areas of nursing, medicine, and the health-related professions.