Flip and See ECGs - Revised Reprint, 3rd Edition
When it comes to learning 3-lead ECG interpretation, there’s simply no faster or easier way to master basic rhythms than this unique book - now updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines! Using a fun and easy-to-understand writing style, it uses humor, cartoons, and personal stories to walk you through the entire ECG process - from finding a heartbeat, to monitoring an electrocardiogram, to interpreting the heart rhythm. A unique “Flip and See” section allows you to view normal ECGs on one side of the page and abnormal ECGs on the other, along with concise text that clearly explains the differences between them. In addition, you’ll find commonly asked questions and answers throughout the text.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines.
- Companion CD features 66 practice rhythm strips in PowerPoint format, plus coverage of pediatric and neonatal patients.
- Includes new treatment algorithms on the reverse side of Flip and See rhythm cards.
- New, easy-to-follow organization with raised tabs, so you can find information quickly.
- Expanded coverage of key topics such as normal rhythms and torsades de pointes.
- Thumb tabs and lay-flat spiral binding make it easy to use anywhere, and the small size fits easily into a lab coat pocket.
- Unique Flip and See section at the end of the book allows you to see each rhythm side-by-side with a normal ECG rhythm, and a written walkthrough explains the important differences between the rhythms.
- Conversational language and clear illustrations and cartoons make the information easily accessible and understandable - as well as easy to remember and fun to learn.
- Includes Cohn’s Pocket Guide for ECG Interpretation, a plastic heart rate ruler that’s useful for both students and practitioners as an aid in rhythm interpretation.
By Elizabeth Gross Cohn, RN, MS, NP, ACNP, DNSc, CEN, EMT-CC, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY