Critical Care Secrets, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Get the most out of your study and review with Critical Care Secrets! This easy-to-read book uses the popular and trusted Secrets Series® question-and-answer format to cover all areas of critical care medicine, focusing on the practical, "in-the-trenches" know-how you need to succeed both in practice, and on board and recertification exams. The easy-to-read approach of the Secrets books has been serving medical professionals for decades.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Gain a new perspective on today's hot topics with new coverage of encephalitis, acute abdomen, antidepressants, and much more.
- Stay up to date with all-new chapters on General Approach to Trauma Victims, Arterial and Central Venous Lines, ICU Ultrasound, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenator (ECMO), H1N1/Influenza, Immunocompromised Host, Glycemic Control in the ICU, Disaster Medicine, Toxic Alcohols, Cardiovascular Drugs, Palliative Care, and Organ Donation.
- Learn from the experience of international experts, many of whom are new to this edition and offer a fresh viewpoint on critical care.
- Expedite your reference and review with a question-and-answer format that's conversational and easy to read.
- Zero in on key information with bulleted lists, mnemonics, practical tips from the authors, and "Key Points" boxes that provide a concise overview of important board-relevant content.
- Explore effective solutions to patients' medical and ethical problems related to a wide range of specialties, including pulmonology, surgery, anesthesiology, pharmacy, and infectious disease.
- Get the evidence-based guidance you need to provide optimal care for the critically ill.
"This book effectively uses a question-and-answer format to introduce core topics in intensive care medicine. The questions also will enable teachers to organize unit rounds, and students to recognize important concepts for common topics. " - David J. Dries, MD(University of Minnesota Medical School)
By Polly E. Parsons, MD, E.L. Amidon Professor and Chair, Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine; Medicine Health Care Service Leader, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont and Jeanine P. Wiener-Kronish, MD, Henry Isaiah Dorr Professor of Research and Teaching in Anesthetics and Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School; Anesthestist-in-Chief, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts