Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$48.72|
Completely updated coverage ensures you learn the ASHP content requirements for A&P and pharmacologyTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Comprehensive yet approachable, PHARMACOLOGY FOR PHARMACY TECHNICIANS provides just the right type and level of pharmacology information you need for successful practice. With coverage of body systems structure, as well as patient scenarios, anatomy and physiology refreshers, drug monographs with pill photos, and much more, this book presents an often-challenging subject in a practical way to make learning easier.
- Overviews of anatomy and physiology at the beginning of each body system unit provide a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology to help you understand how drugs work in the body.
- Mini drug monographs in every body system and drug classification chapter contain valuable drug information and pill photos for quick reference.
- Summary drug tables with generic/brand name, usual dose and dosing schedule, and warning labels offer at-a-glance access to information about specific drugs.
- Helpful Tech Notes enhance your understanding of the practical knowledge needed in the pharmacy setting and help you relate new concepts to practical use.
- Tech Alerts offer critical reminders and warnings to help you learn to identify and avoid common pharmacy errors.
- Technician's Corner critical thinking exercises prepare you for on-the-job situations by providing a set of facts and asking you to reach a conclusion.
- Updated drug information ensures you are familiar with the latest drug approvals and therapeutic considerations.
- Additional learning resources on the companion Evolve website include:
- Certification practice exam to better prepare you for the PTCB or ExCPT exam.
- More recall exercises and games to help you retain complex information.
By Kathy Moscou, RPh, MPH, BSc(Pharm), Research Officer, Faculty of Health, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Former Director, Pharmacy Technician Program (1989-2006), North Seattle Community College, WA