2014 Intravenous Medications, 30th Edition
A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
The #1 IV drug handbook for 40 years, Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals is trusted for its accuracy and comprehensive coverage. Whether you prefer the portable print version or the convenient electronic format, this new edition provides essential data on administering more than 350 intravenous (IV) drugs, entries for new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA, hundreds of new drug facts, a detailed index of generic and trade names and more - all alphabetically organized to help you find drug information quickly and easily.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Four new drug monographs provide you with current, clinically relevant drug information for new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA.
- NEW! Updated drug monographs reflect the latest changes in IV drug therapy.
- UNIQUE! Published annually to ensure you have essential information on the most recently approved IV drugs as well as updated information on existing drugs.
- UNIQUE! Contains thorough coverage of more than 350 IV drugs - supplying you with far more than any other comparable handbook.
- UNIQUE! Time-tested page layout keep all dosage information for each drug on either a single page or a two-page spread to prevent hand contamination by having to turn a page.
- Consistent, easy-to-use format provides all the essential clinical information you need on IV drug administration.
- Lists IV drugs alphabetically by generic name for quick clinical reference.
- Updated IV drug dilution and dosage charts within monographs provide quick access to essential information.
- Special sections highlight dosage variances for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients.
- Black Box Warnings, screening, and highlighting make locating key information quick and easy.
- Printed thumb tabs help you find information faster.
"A companion website at http://evolve.elsevier.com/IVMeds/ provides alerts, monographs for selected agents not included in the book, a step-by-step tutorial for calculating IV drug dosages, IV drug dosage calculators, interactive IV drug dosage examples, printable general dilution and solution compatibility charts, and more."
By Betty L. Gahart, RN, Nurse Consultant in Education; Former Director, Education and Training, Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Napa, CA and Adrienne R. Nazareno, PharmD, Clinical Manager, Pharmacist in Charge, Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Napa, CA