Patient Care in Radiography - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 8th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$50.02|
|Print - Paperback||$76.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
With clear, step-by-step instructions and more than 400 detailed full-color illustrations, Patient Care in Radiography, 8th Edition helps you develop the technical and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively care for radiography patients in the clinical environment. Current, comprehensive coverage aligned with ASRT curriculum guidelines helps you connect concepts to clinical applications and confidently master essential procedures and techniques for safety, transfer, positioning, infection control, assessment, and more.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest advances in:
- Patient comfort measures
- Patient care relative to patient age
- Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
- Assessment of extremities in casts
- Assessments of pediatric patients for evidence of potential child abuse
- Assessment of geriatric patients for evidence of potential elder abuse
- Descriptions and precautions for pediatric IV medication administration
- Information on pulmonary embolism
- Information on Jackson-Pratt and Penrose drains
- NEW! Full-color illustrations and photographs clarify techniques and clinical details.
- NEW! Safety boxes with warning icons alert you to common safety concerns youÕll encounter in practice.
- NEW! Real-world scenarios throughout the text help you understand the practical application of chapter concepts.
- NEW! Simplified organization makes complex content more accessible and helps you study more efficiently.
- Integrated patient care tips and procedure descriptions help you ensure high-quality patient care as well as technical proficiency.
- Infection control content helps you prevent the spread of diseases.
- Special coverage familiarizes you with appropriate patient care for a wide range of imaging modalities.
- Procedure photo-essays walk you through essential techniques.
- Case studies help you build the critical thinking and problem-solving skills to address situations you may encounter on the job.
- Chapter outlines, objectives, key terms, summaries, review questions, and critical thinking activities highlight the most important chapter content and help you retain information more effectively.
By Ruth Ann Ehrlich, RT(R), Radiology Faculty (Retired), Western States Chiropractic College, Portland, OR; Adjunct Faculty, Portland Community College, Portland, OR