Mosby's Textbook for the Home Care Aide, 3rd Edition
Master the essential skills and tasks of a home care aideTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to becoming a home care aide, this engaging text features a colorful design, a clear writing style, and an abundant use of photos, drawings, boxes, and tables. An ideal learning tool, this new edition introduces scenarios with a cast of four aides and a supervisor to help bring the text to life and to provide realistic examples of what the student can expect to encounter in practice. Preparing students to become valuable members of the home care team, this practical text highlights key considerations and reminders, as well as what to observe, report, and record.
- Hundreds of full-color photos and drawings depict key ideas and clearly demonstrate procedure steps.
- Procedures provide step-by-step, easy-to-understand instructions on performing important skills and tasks.
- UNIQUE! A cast of caregivers, including a supervisor and four home care aides, are highlighted in scenarios that provide realistic examples of the types of situations you are likely to encounter in the home care environment.
- Guidelines for Observing, Recording, and Reporting (ORR) are highlighted throughout the text, emphasizing the home care aide’s responsibilities for observing and documenting the client’s condition and care.
- Key considerations and reminders are presented in color font to emphasize the importance of performing these actions.
- Objectives and Key Terms in each chapter focus your attention on essential information.
- Chapter summaries and study questions review the key points in each chapter.
- Highlighted information on observing, recording, and reporting stresses the importance of these responsibilities.
- Key considerations and reminders are highlighted to emphasize their importance in proper job performance.
- A Cast of Characters, including a supervisor and four home care aides, is introduced and used in scenarios throughout the text, providing realistic and engaging examples of what to expect in practice.
- A new chapter, Learning About Home Care, introduces students to the subject and helps prepare them for what they can expect from their home care aide program.
By Joan M. Birchenall, RN, MEd, Trenton, NJ and Eileen Streight, RN, BSN, Hamilton, NJ