Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013
5 Books in 1, Expert Consult - Online and Print
The fastest, most effective way to diagnose and treat more than 700 conditionsTable of Contents
New to This Edition
With the 2013 edition of Ferri’s Clinical Advisor, you can access current diagnostic and therapeutic information on more than 700 common medical conditions faster and more effectively than ever before. Dr. Ferri’s popular "5 books in 1" format provides quick guidance on vitamin-D deficiency, statin-induced muscle syndrome, postural tachycardia syndrome (POTS), and much more. With Expert Consult online access, you can search the complete contents, review 40 online-only topics, and download patient teaching guides.
- Rapidly find the answers you need with separate sections on diseases and disorders, differential diagnosis, clinical algorithms, laboratory results, and clinical preventive services, plus an at-a-glance format that uses cross-references, outlines, bullets, tables, boxes, and algorithms to expedite reference.
- Review normal values and interpret results for more than 200 lab tests.
- Get the insurance billing codes you require, including ICD-9-CM codes, to expedite insurance reimbursements.
- Improve your practice’s efficiency with cost-effective referral and consultation guidelines.
Access an abundance of online-only material at www.expertconsult.com, including EMBs, Suggested Reading, and Patient Teaching Guides, as well as additional algorithms to accompany those in the print version.
"The book is a most excellent, quick reference which should be on the desk of all practicing physicians. It is a major study help for advanced medical students, interns, and residents of all specialties. The book is highly recommended."- Julian L. Ambrus, MD, PhD, FACP, Journal of Medicine, Review of 2012 edition
"FERRI'S CLINICAL ADVISOR 2012, now in its 14th publication by Elsevier, is edited by Fred Ferri and 9 other physicians from a variety of specialties. Contributions are made by more than 200 other experts from accross the United States. Published yearly since 1999 to stay current with the rapid changes in medicine, the book is intended to be a concise reference for medical students, residents, physicians of all specialties, nurses, and allied health professionals. Purchasers of the book also receive access to an online version that includes the entire text with Patient Teaching Guides, additional algorithms, and direct links to reference articles through PubMed. Because the current edition is more than 1500 pages long, the online content is a worthwhile and pragmatic idea... The writing is clear, informative, and concise." - Deborah I. Allen, MD, JAMA, April 25, 2012-Vol. 307, No. 16, Review of 2012 Edition
- Identify and treat a broader range of disorders with 25 new topics in the Diseases & Disorders section, including vitamin-D deficiency, oral cancer, hypovitaminosis, sarcoma, hyperemesis in pregnancy, androgen deficiency in the elderly male, statin-induced muscle syndrome, and more.
- Improve your interpretation of presenting symptoms with 41 new topics and 7 new references in the Differential Diagnosis section.
By Fred F. Ferri, MD, FACP, Clinical Professor, Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island