Health Assessment for Nursing Practice - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$95.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Today's nursing students are busier and more pressed for time than ever. The 5th edition of Health Assessment for Nursing Practice by Susan Wilson and Jean Giddens is designed to help you make the most of your study time with a user-friendly approach and a complete collection of flexible, efficient learning tools. It's everything you need to master the core assessment skills essential for clinical practice!
New to This Edition
- NEW! Adapting Health Assessment to an Ill Patient chapter explains special techniques for performing a head-to-toe assessment of a patient in a hospital setting, illustrated with a series of new examination photos.
- UNIQUE! Case Studies with Clinical Reasoning Questions strengthen your critical thinking skills with algorithms focusing on noticing, interpreting, and responding.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Quality and Safety Competencies for Nurses (QSEN) tables address assessment competencies related to patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety, and informatics.
- Health Promotion for Evidence-Based Practice boxes outline new Healthy People 2020 objectives and include thorough discussions of recommendations for health promotion and reducing risk.
- Ethnic, Cultural, and Spiritual Variations boxes help you anticipate the unique needs of a multicultural patient population.
- Newly combined Health Assessment Across the Life Span unit contains four separate chapters that cover all lifespan content, including older adults, pregnant patients, and infants, children, and adolescents.
- NEW! Synthesis and Application of Health Assessment unit details how to conduct, document, and adapt the head-to-toe assessment.
- Straightforward, easy-to-understand coverage gives you the knowledge and confidence you need to perform a complete physical examination.
- Clear differentiation between basic skills and advanced procedures or special circumstances helps you pinpoint essential content.
- Unique, two-column format provides you with a visual distinction between normal and abnormal findings and techniques.
- Vivid color photos walk you step by step through key skills and procedures.
- UNIQUE! Concept Overview sections present core concepts in the context of health assessment with discussions on pain, oxygenation, perfusion, tissue integrity, motion, sensory perception, metabolism, and intracranial regulation.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Reasoning: Thinking Like a Nurse boxes explain the thought process of an experienced nurse making a clinical decision to help you gain perspective on clinical judgment and the decision-making process.
- UNIQUE! Patients with Situational Variations sections address special circumstances or needs for patients in wheelchairs or other limitations and exam variations.
- NCLEX examination-style review questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your understanding of the content you need to know to pass the exam.
By Susan F. Wilson, RN, PhD, CS, FNP, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, College of Health and Social Welfare, University of Alaska, Anchorage, AK; Emeritus Associate Professor, Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX and Jean Foret Giddens, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Coordinator, MSN Nursing Education Concentration, College of Nursing, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM