Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual and E-Labs, 8th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Develop your skills in dissection and identification with 55 different exercises for the lab. Featuring full-color examples of commonly encountered histology and dissection specimens, this laboratory manual is a perfect sample portfolio of different styles to emulate and expand on while learning body systems and their functions. Exercises include labeling of anatomy, dissection of anatomic models and fresh or preserved specimens, physiological experiments, and computerized experiments.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Revised art program features fresh visuals and design elements that reflect the new edition of Patton's Anatomy and Physiology.
- Revised and updated activities keep the manual current and ensure a strong connection with the new edition of the A&P textbook.
- NEW! Study Tips boxes provide beneficial insights about A&P topics in and outside the lab.
- Labeling exercises provide opportunities to identify critical structures examined in the lab and lectures.
- Reader-friendly spiral binding allows for hands-free viewing in the lab setting.
- Step-by-step guidance for dissection of anatomical models and fresh or preserved specimens, with accompanying illustrations helps you become acclimated to the lab environment.
- Physiological experiments centering on functional processes of the human body offer immediate and exciting examples of physiological concepts.
- Content and concept review questions located throughout the manual reinforce your knowledge of anatomy and function.
- 250 illustrations, including common histology slides and depictions of proper procedures, provide clear visuals and guidance.
- Modern anatomical imaging techniques such as computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasonography are introduced where appropriate.
- Easy-to-evaluate lab report can be torn out of spiral-bound manual and turned in to instructors.
"This is a working textbook, which enables its reader to enhance their anatomical and physiological skills. Its methodology incorporates structure, function and control. Although this is a laboratory book, it can be used in non-laboratory settings too thereby broadening its usability. It is readable with clear goals set for learning. As the learning develops for human anatomy there is inclusion of animal anatomy and physiology with graphics included of some animal dissections...It should also be considered by members of the health care professions who wish to revise or enhance their working knowledge of anatomical structures, scientific methods of analysis and relevant terminology."
Nursing Times, April 2013
By Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, St. Peters, MO, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO