Williams' Basic Nutrition & Diet Therapy, 14th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$72.95|
Williams’ Basic Nutrition & Diet Therapy is a market leader for a reason - it provides coverage of hot topics, emerging trends, and cutting edge research, plus all the essentials for providing the best nutrition care. You’ll love it for the clear, conversational writing style and vivid illustrations that guide you from fundamental concepts of nutrition to the application of those concepts in clinical practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Completely updated content incorporates Dietary Guidelines 2010 and Healthy People 2020 information throughout the text to ensure you have the most up-to-date content available.
- NEW! Colorful and engaging design makes key content easy to find and more engaging with graphic artwork and vivid images of food.
- NEW! Updated illustrations visually clarify important concepts and reflect current clinical practice.
- NEW! Integrated assets in Pageburst version:
- ADA Nutrition Care Process
- Case Studies - Answers
- Challenge Questions and Answers
- Critical Thinking Question Answers
- Growth Charts and Food Composition Table
- Appendixes 1 & 2
- Nutritrac 5.0
- UNIQUE! Content threads
- Case studies in clinical care chapters focus on related patient care problems.
- Critical thinking questions challenge you to analyze, apply, and combine concepts.
- Cultural Considerations boxes discuss how a patient's culture can affect nutritional concepts in practice.
- Clinical Applications and For Further Focus boxes highlight hot topics and analyze concepts and trends in depth.
- Chapter Challenges use true/false, multiple-choice, and matching questions to test your understanding of chapter content.
- Key concepts, key terms, and chapter summaries help you study more effectively and master essential content.
- Diet therapy guidelines include recommendations, restrictions, and sample diets for a number of major clinical conditions.
- Further Readings and Resources in each chapter provide focused and up-to-date print, multimedia, and online resources to supplement learning.
- Useful appendixes include information on cholesterol content, fiber content, cultural and religious dietary patterns, and more.
By Staci Nix, MS, RD, CD, Assistant Professor, Division of Nutrition, College of Health, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT