Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 9th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$66.30|
Only Wong’s gives you the hands-on tools you need to learn essential pediatric nursing concepts and skillsTable of Contents
New to This Edition
The #1 pediatric nursing textbook on the market, this book is known for its accuracy, current research, and highly readable writing style. It provides a foundation in child development and health promotion, and covers specific health problems — organized by age groups and body systems, so you can individualize care at the appropriate level for each child. A streamlined approach, superior illustrations, and a full-color design make it easy to find and understand key nursing information.
- Developmental approach clearly identifies key issues at each stage of a child’s growth to help you provide appropriate, individualized care for each child.
- UNIQUE! Family focus includes a separate chapter on the role of the family in child health, family content throughout the text, and Family-Centered Care boxes that highlight information on patient teaching, home care, and incorporating the family in the child's care.
- An emphasis on wellness offers health promotion and injury prevention strategies for each age group.
- UNIQUE! Evidence-Based Practice boxes demonstrate how research is applied to nursing care in the clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Atraumatic Care boxes provide guidance for administering nursing care with minimal pain or stress to the child, family, and nurse.
Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing continues to be a core text book that every children’s nursing student should have at their finger tips to compliment lecture notes and to assist them to integrate theory and practice. Each chapter has ‘nursing alerts’ and critical thinking exercises... It holds relevance for all children’s nurses and the usefulness of Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing continues long after completion of a programme in children’s nursing as a reference guide." Nurse Education in Practice, April 2009
- New Pain Assessment and Management in Children chapter consolidates coverage of this subject for easy reference.
- Nursing care plans provide a model for planning patient care, including nursing diagnoses, patient/family goals, nursing interventions/rationales, expected outcomes, and newly included NIC and NOC classifications.
- Family-Centered Care boxes help you prepare families to cope with their child’s care in special situations, providing information on patient teaching, home care, and incorporating the family in the child’s care.
- Nursing process boxes provide streamlined, accessible information on major diseases and conditions.
By Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN, PNP-BC, FAAN, Professor
Duke School of Nursing;
Chair, Duke Institutional Research Board
Durham, North Carolina
and David Wilson, MS, RNC-NIC, Faculty, Langston University School of Nursing; Staff Nurse, Pediatric Emergency Center, Saint Francis Hospital, Tulsa, OK, USA