Bailey & Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology, 13th Edition
The 12th edition of a classic text! The "gold standard" in Microbiology shows how to identify pathogensTable of Contents
New to This Edition
The new 12th edition of Bailey & Scott’s Diagnostic Microbiology solidifies its reputation as the classic text in the field of microbiology. This new edition features the same comprehensive, authoritative content — and adds new and updated material throughout. The team of authors includes three well-respected clinical microbiologists, all of whom have experience both in the classroom and the clinical laboratory.
- Hands-on procedures include step-by-step instructions, full-color photos, and expected results, helping you achieve more accurate results.
- Case studies give you the opportunity to apply your skills in a variety of diagnostic scenarios and help improve your decision-making and critical thinking skills.
- Genera and Species to be Considered boxes highlight all of the organisms to be discussed in each chapter, including the current name of the species as well as any previous names.
- Student resources on Evolve enhance your learning with review questions and procedures.
- Convenient, easy-to-read tables summarize key information.
- Detailed, full-color illustrations aid comprehension and help you visualize concepts.
- A glossary of terms is found at the back of the book for quick reference.
- Three NEW chapters:
- General Considerations and Applications of Information Provided in Bacterial Sections of Part III explains explains the criteria for organism inclusion and how it should be used.
- Bacterial Identification Flow Charts and Schemes: A Guide to Part III includes gram reaction, shape, arrangement, atmosphere preferred, oxidase and catalase reactions, among other decision points for various pathogens, creating a visual method of identifying and cross referencing organisms.
- Sentinel Laboratory Response to Bioterrorism
- A NEW section on clinical laboratory management
- More case studies help to develop critical thinking skills, with answers in an appendix.
- More photos of the major organisms have been included to help in identifying different organisms.