Radiographic Imaging and Exposure - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$47.42|
|Print - Paperback||$72.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
With comprehensive coverage of both digital radiography and conventional film-screen radiography, RADIOGRAPHIC IMAGING AND EXPOSURE, 4th Edition helps you master the fundamental principles of imaging, produce clear images, and reduce the number of repeat radiographs. This practical text also includes Important Relationship, Mathematical Application, and Patient Protection Alert features throughout to provide helpful information every step of the way.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Updated information reflects the latest advances in digital imaging, fluoroscopy, and the X-ray beam with added x-ray emission graphs.
- NEW! Image receptor and image acquisition coverage describes the construction of image receptors and how the latent (invisible) image is captured, and addresses the advantages and limitations of digital vs. conventional imaging processes.
- NEW! Image Evaluation chapter allows you to practice applying what you've learned about image quality and exposure technique factors.
- Comprehensive coverage of both digital radiography and conventional film-screen radiography helps students and radiographers master the fundamental principles of imaging, produce clear images, and reduce the number of repeat radiographs.
- UNIQUE! Integrated digital radiography coverage includes information on how to acquire, process, and display digital images.
- UNIQUE! Patient Protection Alerts highlight the variables that impact patient exposure and how to control them.
- UNIQUE! Important Relationships boxes call attention to the fundamentals of radiographic imaging and exposure.
- UNIQUE! Mathematical Applications boxes familiarize you with the mathematical formulas needed in the clinical setting.
By Terri L. Fauber, EdD, RT(R)(M), Associate Professor and Radiography Program Director, Department of Radiation Sciences, School of Allied Health Professions, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA