Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Comprehensive in scope, yet easy to read, this trusted resource is all you need to prepare for success in nurse assisting. This engaging text highlights the teamwork and communication vital to your role on the nursing team while detailing over 100 skills you need to provide safe, effective care.
New to This Edition
- Teamwork and Time Management boxes provide specific guidelines to help you work most efficiently.
- Focus on Communication boxes present practical tips for communicating clearly and effectively with residents and patients.
- Key Abbreviations in each chapter familiarize you with abbreviations common to your daily communication.
- Focus on Ethics and Laws boxes include real-life examples that help you understand the ethical and legal considerations of practice.
- Boxes at the beginning of each chapter list procedures in the chapter and indicate which procedures are on the CD companion.
- CD icons in the procedures indicate that the skill is included on the CD companion for instant reference.
- 10 new chapters expand coverage of important techniques and disorders so you can provide effective care for the widest range of patients/residents.
- A CD companion makes learning critical procedures exciting with video clips, animations, learning exercises, an audio glossary, and an interactive A&P program.
- A comprehensive approach to nurse assisting provides complete coverage of all skills needed in a single resource.
- The clear, engaging, 7th grade writing style enhances comprehension.
- Nearly 1,000 full-color photographs and illustrations visually reinforce concepts and make content easier to understand.
- Over 100 procedures guide you step-by-step through essential skills, with complicated tasks presented in manageable segments for easier learning.
- Caring About Culture boxes help you provide care in a manner sensitive to the beliefs and customs of a variety of diverse cultures.
- Delegation guidelines identify your specific responsibilities in accepting commonly delegated tasks.
- Promoting Safety and Comfort boxes detail measures and cautions for ensuring safe, effective patient care.
- Focus On... boxes address the special needs of children, older persons, long-term care residents, and home care patients.
- Charting examples demonstrate the proper methods for accurately recording patient information and data.
- An appendix on Spanish health care terminology provides information needed to communicate effectively with Spanish-speaking patients and broadens the scope of your caring abilities.
- Chapter Review Questions assess your understanding and identify subjects requiring further study.
- The Workbook and Competency Evaluation Review, sold separately, enhances your learning with engaging activities, procedure checklists, and a competency review with questions, two practice exams plus a skills review that prepare you for certification.
By Sheila A. Sorrentino, RN, MSN, PhD, Curriculum and Health Care Consultant, Anthem, AZ