Mosby's Medical Terminology Memory NoteCards, 2nd Edition
Mosby's Medical Terminology Memory NoteCards, 2nd Edition is a colorfully illustrated collection of spiral-bound, removable flash cards that presents medical terminology in one fun, portable volume. Using a wide variety of learning aids, humor, illustrations, and mnemonics, this valuable tool helps you master medical terminology in class, in clinicals, and in preparation for exams. Topics include terminology for anatomy, positional and directional terms, body cavities, cells, congenital disorders, disciplines, body systems and structures, diseases, diagnostic procedures, and pharmacology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW cards and updated content include:
- "Seeing" Medical Terminology
- When to Use a Combining Vowel
- Word Roots
- More Prefixes
- Guidelines to Unusual Plural Forms
- Anatomical Position
- Directional Terminology
- Posterior and Dorsal
- Medial and Lateral
- Approximately 200 full-color cartoons use mnemonics and visual stimuli to help you learn and retain essential medical terminology with ease.
- Subject and alphabetical listings offer you two ways to quickly access the appropriate card.
- Handy size and spiral binding provide you with a sturdy, portable, study tool.
- Perforated pages enable you to remove the cards from the binding and rearrange them for use as flash cards.
- Color-coded pages differentiate topics, allowing you to easily locate a subject.
By JoAnn Zerwekh, MSN, EdD, RN, Executive Director, Nursing Education Consultants, Ingram, TX; Nursing Faculty - Online Campus, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ and Tom Gaglione, MSN, RN, New Life Foundation, Task Force for Children with HIV and Leprosy, Chiangmai, Thailand