Sectional Anatomy for Imaging Professionals, 3rd Edition
An ideal resource for the classroom or the clinical setting, Sectional Anatomy for Imaging Professionals, 3rd Edition provides a comprehensive, easy-to-understand approach to the sectional anatomy of the entire body. Side-by-side presentations of actual diagnostic images from both MRI and CT modalities and corresponding anatomic line drawings illustrate the planes of anatomy most commonly demonstrated by diagnostic imaging. Concise descriptions detail the location and function of the anatomy, and clearly labeled images help you confidently identify anatomic structures during clinical examinations and produce the best possible diagnostic images.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! 150 new scans and 30 new line drawings familiarize you with the latest 3D and vascular imaging technology.
- NEW! Chapter objectives help you concentrate on the most important chapter content and study more efficiently.
- NEW! Full labels on all scans provide greater diagnostic detail at a glance.
- Side-by-side presentation of anatomy illustrations and corresponding CT and MRI images clarifies the location and structure of sectional anatomy.
- More than 1,500 high-quality images detail sectional anatomy for every body plane commonly imaged in the clinical setting.
- Pathology boxes help you connect commonly encountered pathologies to related anatomy for greater diagnostic accuracy.
- Anatomy summary tables provide quick access to muscle information, points of origin and insertion, and muscle function for each muscle group.
- Reference drawings and corresponding scanning planes accompany actual images to help you recognize the correlation between the two.
By Lorrie L. Kelley, MS, RT(R), Associate Professor, CT/MRI Program Director, Boise State University, Boise, ID and Connie Petersen, MS, RT(R), Instructor, Radiography Program, Boise State University, Boise, ID