Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 8th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$51.95|
It’s a fun, visual review for the NCLEX! Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 8th Edition covers all the nursing concepts and content found on the latest NCLEX-RN examination. A concise outline format makes studying easier, and 2,300 NCLEX exam-style review questions (including alternate item formats) are included to test your knowledge at the end of each chapter and on the Evolve companion website. Written by NCLEX expert JoAnn Zerwekh, this study guide uses colorful illustrations and mnemonic cartoons to help you remember key concepts for the NCLEX-RN exam.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! 2,300 review questions are now included on the Evolve companion website.
- Two NEW alternate item question types are added: graphic options and questions incorporating audio.
- UPDATED content reflects the latest NCLEX-RN test plan and incorporated important clinical updates.
- NEW! Page references to an Elsevier textbook are provided with each question, for further study and self-remediation.
- NEW! Disorder names are highlighted in color in the index for quick reference.
- EXPANDED coverage of management of care reflects the increased percentage of this content on the NCLEX-RN test plan.
- UNIQUE! Mnemonic cartoons provide a fun, easy way to review and remember key nursing concepts and disease processes.
- UNIQUE! The integrated systems approach incorporates pediatric, adult, and older adult lifespan considerations in each body system chapter.
- UNIQUE! Appendixes for each chapter summarize medications and nursing procedures for quick reference.
- Electronic alternate item format questions on Evolve prepare you for the interactive question types on the computerized NCLEX examination, including priority drag-and-drop and hot-spot (illustrated point-and-click) questions.
- Practice questions on the Evolve companion website are available in both study and quiz modes and separated by content area, allowing you to create a customized review experience based on your personal study needs.
- Answers and rationales for all review questions show why correct answers are right and incorrect options are wrong.
By JoAnn Zerwekh, MSN, EdD, RN, President/CEO, Nursing Education Consultants, Chandler, AZ; Nursing Faculty - Online Campus, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ