Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion, 7th Edition
Covering both new and proven techniques in this rapidly changing field, this classic text helps you provide solutions to many common occlusal and TMD problems. Clear descriptions and a new full-color design promote a complete understanding of normal, abnormal, and dysfunctional occlusal relationships and masticatory function and dysfunction. With its conservative, cost-effective approach, this book shows you how to achieve treatment goals while keeping your patients' best interests in mind.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Robust Q-website features an image library, case studies, and NBDE-style questions.
- NEW! Full-color design offers more vivid clinical photos, illustrations, and information.
- NEW! Major revisions to Part II with specific detail to Etiology provides more up-to-date information on this critical area.
- NEW! Patient education sheets include the most common TMDs.
- NEW! Updated treatment algorithms are included for each TMD.
- Solid foundation of the anatomical, physiological, and biomechanical aspects of the masticatory system gives you the basic foundation for clinical use.
- Detailed how-to information on clinical examination, data gathering, and differential diagnosis for temporomandibular disorders helps you learn to correctly plan treatment.
- Clinical Comment boxes give you critical thinking points and instructions on how to apply these to everyday clinical practice.
By Jeffrey P. Okeson, DMD, Professor, Director of the Orofacial Pain Center, Director of the Division of Masticatory Function, Department of Oral Health Practice, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Lexington, KY