Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 10th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$134.00|
|Print - Hardback||$134.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
A leader in respiratory care education for more than 40 years, Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 10th Edition delivers a comprehensive introduction to the field of respiratory care and keeps you up-to-date on the latest advances and trends in professional practice today. With this new edition, you'll gain a thorough understanding of the role of respiratory therapists (RTs), scientific bases for treatment, and clinical applications. In-depth discussions progress from the principles of respiratory care to applied anatomy and physiology, assessment, discussion of specific respiratory illnesses, basic therapy, acute and critical care, and preventive and long-term care. Egan's is the most recommended and trusted text for NBRC examination preparation.
New to This Edition
- Updated content aligned with the 2009 NBRC CRT Summary Content Outline ensures the text is both current and clinically accurate.
- Expanded use of the NBRC Exam Matrix Correlation Chart throughout all Evolve online resources makes test preparation easier.
- UNIQUE! Egan's trusted reputation as the preeminent fundamental respiratory care textbook delivers comprehensive coverage while keeping you up to date with this ever-changing profession.
- UNIQUE! Expert authorship from the leading figures in respiratory care ensures critical content is covered thoroughly and accurately.
- UNIQUE! Mini Clinis give you an opportunity to apply text content to actual patient care through short, critical-thinking vignettes.
- UNIQUE! Rules of Thumb highlight rules, formulas, and key points that are important to clinical practice.
- Excerpts of all 49 published Clinical Practice Guidelines provide you with important information regarding indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, and assessment of outcome and monitoring.
- Therapist Driven Protocols (TDPs) used by RTs in hospitals to assess patients, initiate care, and evaluate outcomes, are incorporated throughout the text to demonstrate the value of following an established protocol.
- Learning Objectives highlight key content at the beginning and at the end of each chapter in a bulleted section and parallel the three areas tested on the NBRC exam: recall, analysis, and application.
By Robert M. Kacmarek, PhD, RRT, FAARC, Professor of Anesthesiology, Harvard Medical School; Director, Respiratory Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; James K. Stoller, MD, MS, Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine; Vice Chairman of Medicine, Executive Director, Leadership Development, and Head, Section of Respiratory Therapy, Department of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH and Al Heuer, PhD, MBA, RRT, RPFT, Associate Professor and Program Director, Respiratory Care Program, School o fHealth Related Professions, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey