Pilbeam's Mechanical Ventilation - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$62.37|
|Print - Paperback||$95.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Applying mechanical ventilation principles to patient care, Pilbeam's Mechanical Ventilation: Physiological and Clinical Applications, 5th Edition helps you provide safe, appropriate, and compassionate care for patients requiring ventilatory support. A focus on evidence-based practice includes the latest techniques and equipment, with complex ventilator principles simplified for optimal learning. This edition adds new case studies and new chapters on ventilator-associated pneumonia and on neonatal and pediatric mechanical ventilation. Starting with the most fundamental concepts and building to the most advanced, expert educator J. M. Cairo presents clear, comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of the rapidly evolving field of mechanical ventilation.
New to This Edition
- NEW Neonatal and Pediatric Mechanical Ventilation chapter covers the latest advances and research relating to young patients.
- Additional case studies in each chapter present "real-life" scenarios, showing the practical application of newly acquired skills.
- End-of-chapter summaries help with review and in assessing your comprehension with a bulleted list of key content.
- Excerpts of Clinical Practice Guidelines developed by the AARC (American Association for Respiratory Care) make it easy to access important information regarding indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, assessment of outcome, and monitoring.
- Case Studies with exercises and Critical Care Concepts address situations that may be encountered during mechanical ventilation.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter help in accurately gauging your comprehension and measuring your progress.
- Chapter outlines show the "big picture" of each chapter's content.
- Key terms are listed in the chapter opener, then bolded and defined at their first mention in the text.
- Key Point boxes highlight need-to-know information.
- NBRC exam-style assessment questions at the end of each chapter offer practice for the certification exam.
By J. M. Cairo, PhD, RRT, FAARC, Dean of the School of Allied Health Professions, Professor of Cardiopulmonary Science, Physiology, and Anesthesiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA