Caffey's Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging, 2-Volume Set, 12th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Since 1945, radiologists have turned to Caffey's Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging for the most comprehensive coverage and unparalleled guidance in all areas of pediatric radiology. Continuing this tradition of excellence, the completely revised 12th edition - now more concise yet still complete - focuses on the core issues you need to understand new protocols and sequences, and know what techniques are most appropriate for given clinical situations.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Apply all the latest pediatric advances in clinical fetal neonatology techniques, technology, and pharmacology.
- Achieve accurate diagnoses as safely as possible. Increased coverage of MRI findings and newer imaging techniques for all organ systems emphasizes imaging examination appropriateness and safety.
- Reap the fullest benefit from the latest neuroimaging techniques including diffusion tensor imaging, fMRI, and susceptibility weighted imaging.
- Keep current with the latest pediatric radiological knowledge and evidence-based practices. Comprehensive updates throughout include new and revised chapters on prenatal imaging; newer anatomic and functional imaging techniques (including advances in cardiac imaging); disease classifications and insights into imaging disease processes; and advanced imaging topics in neurological, thoracoabdominal, and musculoskeletal imaging.
- Compare your findings to more than 10,000 high-quality radiology images.
- Access the full text online at Expert Consult including illustrations, videos, and bonus online-only pediatric imaging content.
- Determine the best modality for each patient with state-of-the art discussions of the latest pediatric imaging techniques.
- Quickly grasp the fundamentals you need to know through a more precise, streamlined format, reorganized by systems and disease processes, as well as "Teaching Boxes" that highlight key points in each chapter.
"Caffey's Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging has been more than an imaging text and it has been extremely useful not only to radiologists, but also to clinicians in all medical and surgical specialties... More concist yet still complete - focuses on the core issues one needs to understand, such as new protocols and sequences, and how to know what techniques are most appropriate for given clinical situations...This text will obviously be of great interest not only to radiologists, also to those who work with children including all pediatric specialties. It is also extremely useful in countries with resource poor setting where there is shortage of well trained rdiologists in pediatric specialties."
Journal of the European Paediatric Neurology Society, January 2014
"The writing is concise and clear, with plenty of examples covering all imaging modalities including diffusion MRI and PET/CT. It has quie a good strategic response on how to investigate a specific clinical issue. There are summaries of what the clinican needs to know and keypoints in relation to the topic which act as good revision guides and allow students to gain clear insight into the topic.The majority of the images are of high quality with clear annotation and good spatial resolution, with appropriate accompanying diagrams to add further clarity... The book is not only relevant to experts in paediatric imaging, but to anyone who has to undertake paediatric cases in their daily work. All paediatric departments should have this as a bench book. Junior doctors (in paediatrics/ radiology) and consultants whose on-call covers paediatrics would find this useful... In conclusion, this is a thoroughly up-to-date text, divided into manageable topics, at a very reasonable price and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who needs updating in the field of paediatrics or paediatric imaging."
RAD, February 2014
By Brian D. Coley, MD, Professor, Departments of Radiology and Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine; Radiologist-in-Chief, Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio