Pediatrics A Competency-Based Companion E-Book
|Print - Paperback||
Pediatrics: A Competency-Based Companion, by Maureen C. McMahon, MD and Glenn R. Stryjewski, MD, MPH, is designed to teach you to think like an experienced clinician. The only text written in the framework of the Core Competencies developed by the ACGME, its case-based approach illustrates the thought processes that effective practitioners use to approach and evaluate common pediatric presentations. Learning is easy through an intuitive, practical organization...a concise, high-yield presentation...graphs, tables, and other at-a-glance features, such as Professors' Pearls" that provide cases with questions and annotated answers...and a framework that allows you to track your progress and that of your patients in relation to ACGME and AAMC expectations. A convenient pocket-sized format enables you to review the material on the go, and online access via Student Consult includes online extras such as "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles, a Competency Self-Assessment Log, Vertical Reads, and much more.
- Master ACGME Core Competencies with the aid of a color-coded system that helps you to integrate evidence-based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine.
- Access the high-yield core information you need for pediatric rotations in a portable, pocket-sized format that organizes the most common, must-know pediatric signs/symptoms and disorders by patient presentation.
- Learn to see the "big picture" with the aid of "Teaching Visuals" chapters and "Speaking Intelligently" and "Clinical Thinking" features in clinical chapters.
- Easily locate more in-depth information on any topic with references to Nelson Essentials of Pediatrics, 6th Edition.
- Access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com, along with "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles...a Competency Self-Assessment Log... "Professors' Pearls" that provide cases with questions and annotated answers...Vertical Reads...and many other features to enhance learning and retention.
- Get advice on managing your career, time, and life outside the clinical setting via bonus online appendices.
By Maureen C McMahon, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson Univesrsity, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; General Pediatrician, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware; Lankenau Medical Center, Main Line Health System, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania and Glenn R Stryjewski, MD, MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Pediatric Intensivist, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware