Clinical Companion for Maternity & Newborn Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$24.02|
|Print - Paperback||$36.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Provide competent and sensitive maternal and newborn nursing care with Clinical Companion for Maternity & Newborn Nursing, 2nd Edition! Ideal for quick reference in the clinical setting, this book offers the information you need on topics such as pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum care, and care of the newborn, including potential complications for each. Expert authors Dr. Shannon E. Perry, Kitty Cashion, Dr. Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, and Kathryn R. Alden stress the importance of safe nursing practice as outlined in the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative.
New to This Edition
- Updated content provides the most current practice guidelines, including expanded information on obesity, the late preterm infant, and fetal heart rate pattern identification.
- Safety Alerts highlight developing competencies related to safe nursing practice in conjunction with the QSEN initiative on quality and safety in nursing care.
- Teaching for Self-Management boxes offer a guide to communicating follow-up care to patients and their families.
- Signs of Potential Complications boxes help you recognize the signs and symptoms of complications and provide immediate interventions.
- Procedure boxes offer easy-to-use, step-by-step instructions for maternity skills and procedures.
- Emergency boxes may be used for quick reference in critical situations.
- Nursing Alerts highlight critical information that must be considered when providing care.
- Medication Guides in an appendix provide a key reference for common drugs and their interactions.
By Shannon E. Perry, RN, CNS, PhD, FAAN, Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, USA and Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, RNC, PhD, FAAN, Clinical Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, Nursing Education and Curriculum Consultant, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, USA