Craig's Restorative Dental Materials, 13th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Master the use of dental materials in the clinic and dental laboratory and stay current with this ever-changing field with Craig's Restorative Dental Materials, 13th Edition. From fundamental concepts to advanced skills, this comprehensive text details everything you need to know to understand the scientific basis for selecting dental materials when designing and fabricating restorations. This practical, clinically relevant approach to the selection and use of dental materials challenges you to retain and apply your knowledge to realistic clinical scenarios, giving you an authoritative advantage in dental practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Full-color design and illustrations clarify clinical detail for greater understanding.
- NEW! Reorganized content emphasizes scientific evidence and is organized by usage in a clinical setting to help you study more efficiently.
- NEW! Digital Imaging and Processing for Restorations chapter equips you with essential understanding of current imaging practices.
NEW! Major revisions reflect the latest advances in the use of enamel, dental, biofilms, mechanical testing, ceramics, polymers, and composites.
- Problems and Solutions at the end of each chapter test your ability to apply chapter concepts to solve common clinical challenges.
- Mind Maps on the companion Evolve website condense essential chapter content into single-page overviews ideal for quick reference, study outlines, or comprehensive reviews.
- Comprehensive coverage reflects fundamental concepts and the latest practical knowledge all in one authoritative source.
- Appendix of useful resource materials provides quick, convenient access to Weights and Measurements, Conversion Tables, and Comparative Table of Troy, Avoirdupois, and Metric Weights.
Content updates and links on Evolve keep you current with the latest developments in the field.
"The thirteenth edition of this informative classic textbook proved top be a comprehensive resource written to aid understanding of the scientific basis of the dental materials we use on a daily basis as clinicians...In addition to the concise and well-written textbook, there is an accompanying website which provides additional illustrations, graphics and mind-maps, supplementing the chapters of this text...this book is of particular merit as it manages to impart the fundamental knowledge required to develop a solid understanding of dental material science whilst also addressing more challenging concepts...extremely relevant for dental students and clinicians alike. A recommended read."
British Dental Journal, 28 Jul 2012
By Ronald L. Sakaguchi, DDS, PhD, MS, MBA Associate Dean for Technology and Innovation, Professor, Biomaterials & Biomechanics, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, USA and John M. Powers, PhD, Senior Vice President and Editor, The Dental Advisor, Dental Consultants, Inc., Ann Arbor, Michigan; Professor of Oral Biomaterials, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, Houston, Texas