Handbook of Veterinary Anesthesia, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Handbook of Veterinary Anesthesia, 5th Edition is a well-accepted guide to performing anesthesia and anesthetic techniques safely and effectively. This convenient pocket guide provides clear, concise guidelines on anesthetic procedures for dogs, cats, horses, ruminants, camelids, pigs, birds, and other exotic pets. Topics include patient evaluation and preparation, local anesthetic drugs, anesthetic equipment, patient monitoring, pain management, breathing systems and ventilation, shock therapy, respiratory and cardiac emergencies, and euthanasia. Written by leading anesthesiology experts William W. Muir III and John A. E. Hubbell, this practical handbook is the perfect size to take anywhere!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UPDATED anesthetic drug information and NEW pain management techniques provide the latest on indications, toxicities, and recommended dosages.
- EXPANDED step-by-step overviews of anesthetic and analgesic techniques make it easier to review and perform procedures.
- UPDATED coverage of euthanasia, including the most current AVMA guidelines, provides today’s accepted protocols for the provision of euthanasia.
- UPDATED complementary and alternative strategies provide non-pharmacologic interventions for pain management.
- UPDATED research findings and clinical applications address special anesthetic considerations necessary in cats.
- User-friendly format provides instant access to vital information on anesthetic procedures and techniques for dogs, cats, horses, ruminants, camelids, pigs, birds, and other exotic pets.
- Thoroughly UPDATED topics include patient evaluation, patient preparation methods, safe and effective operation of anesthetic equipment, and chemical restraint procedures.
- Respected authors are recognized as experts in the field of veterinary anesthesia.
- Over 100 tables, boxes, and graphs summarize anesthetic protocols and clinical applications, including dosages, advantages, and disadvantages of each drug.
- Also available on Pageburst - a fully searchable digital text platform that makes it easy to quickly find key topics and drug information. Sold separately.
"If you like lists and lots of them, you will find this new edition of the Handbook of Veterinary Anaesthesia a useful text. It is a comprehensive reference guide to virtually everything 'anaesthsia', with short chapters that allow the reader to locate the required information...It is suitable for those at undergraduate level and general practitioners, as well as those with more of an interest in anaesthesia."
Veterinary Record, May 2013
By William W. Muir, III, DVM, PhD , Regional Director, American Academy of Pain Management, Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology Consulting Services, Columbus, OH and John A. E. Hubbell, DVM, MS, DACVA, Professor of Anesthesia, Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH