Mastering Healthcare Terminology - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$48.72|
|Print - Spiral Bound||$74.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Acquire the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in class and on the job with this popular, hands-on introduction to medical language! Mastering Healthcare Terminology, 4th Edition is a fun, engaging first step on your journey toward a successful healthcare career. Organized by body system, each chapter presents terms and definitions in small, easy-to-follow learning segments, followed by exercises and review questions that test your understanding. Apply your knowledge using realistic case studies and patient records, or take your learning beyond the book with interactive games and exercises on the companion website.
New to This Edition
- More than 100 new illustrations clarify difficult material.
- More electronic medical records with sample patient information equip you for the growing use of electronic record keeping.
- Up-to-date medical terms and photos cover current healthcare procedures and interventions.
- Revamped chapter reviews make studying more entertaining.
- Games and activities on accompanying Evolve website offer you a fun and interactive way to practice building terms.
- Bookmark guide with 50 of the most common word parts provides a quick reference tool for building and decoding terms.
- Integrated exercises provide immediate practice and review opportunities to reinforce your understanding.
- Terms in table format - including word origin, definition and pronunciation - organize and present terms in an easy-to-learn format.
- Anatomy and physiology coverage provides a solid foundation for future A&P study.
- Easy-to-use spiral binding lays flat for working exercises.
- Case studies help you relate healthcare terms and concepts to real-world patient encounters.
- A&P word parts in margin columns help you learn and memorize word parts in context.
- FREE iTerms audio pronunciations and definitions accompany games and review activities on the companion Evolve website.
- Interactive games and activities on the companion Evolve website offer engaging online term-building practice.
By Betsy J. Shiland, MS, RHIA, CCS, CPC, CPHQ, CTR, AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS Academy Trainer
Allied Health Department
Community College of Philadelphia